Friday 14 October 2011

Fibre Makes Me Sad


Have you ever watched a commercial and ever thought who in the world thought of this? Why would they use that wording, that format and finding yourself having many questions?

 In commercials like the Fiber One Snake Bar, the guy complains because his wife tells him he needs a little more fiber in his diet. His response is “ fiber makes me sad… I mean why not just eat this bag?” I don’t know about you but when I first saw this, I made fun of it and even till this day I still do. Who says in their daily lives, “fiber makes me sad?” I’ll give them points on catching my attention with using that wording but still you have to think that was probably a long night for those writers that they resorted to saying fiber makes me sad.

 What about Old Spice commercials? The one where he asks a lot of questions one right after another with answers. “Does your man look like me? No. So, ladies should your man smell like an Old Spice man? You tell me.” Really how many people do you think that script and vision went through?  You have to sit back and wonder sometimes on what was actually going through that person’s mind to say “yup, that is AWESOME, lets work on that and make it come to life!”

All I’m saying is make more commercials on that ACTUALLY catch people’s attention and don’t take the easy way out. Think outside the box of trying to be silly. I see a lot of commercials and think, wow that was really creative. Yet I look at silly commercials like the Fiber one and Old Spice Ones and think what the…? They just took the easy way out. The sad thing is, they may be silly but they do catch your attention and as much as I don’t like them, I do secretly love them. You just need to think more outside of the box more.
My question to you, how would you make a commercial?
             

No comments:

Post a Comment